[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Lead ML & Control

ZOA ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:34:11 UTC 2018

ZOA is a startup based in London (UK) developing highly mobile autonomous legged robots.

We are an ambitious, multidisciplinary team focused on shipping a revolutionary product and we are looking for versatile people who can hit the ground running and help us make robots commonplace. We have built and proven prototypes and we are again growing our team as we iterate towards our MVP.

Our goal is to build robots with the grace of animals working alongside people.

**The Role**

You will lead machine learning & control development and implementation and be responsible for the overall control architecture. Flexibility, ability to learn, innovate and solve problems are key for this role.

Responsibilities include leading the development of robust gait control, vision & sensing, and autonomous navigation using ML and custom algorithms. You will work closely with the hardware lead applying systems developed in simulation to physical robots and help build an autonomous robot control architecture based on cutting edge algorithms and techniques.

Salary: 40,000 to 48,000 + equity. The role is based in Hackney Wick, east London.

**Requirements**

* Experience as a software developer (3 yrs) and/or a post-graduate degree
* Experience implementing machine learning
* Graduate in CS/Robotics or equivalent numerate field
* Proactive team player with strong attention to detail

**Desirable**

* Experience with ROS
* Experience with physics simulation environments
* Experience working with robots
* Experience with Python & Tensor Flow
* Familiarity with embedded systems and C
* Masters or PhD related to robotics or machine learning

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/lead-ml-control/4058/1) or reply to this email to respond.