[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Fiducial Marker Based Localization System - Package Annoucement

Rohan Agrawal ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 04:04:59 UTC 2018

We do not make any assumptions about marker placement. We have a "2d" mode that assumes that the robot is on a flat plane, and only moves in linear x, y and rotational z.

We used to use a system that made a lot more assumptions, such as a constant height flat ceiling, but minor variations from this assumption caused the pose estimations to be unstable, and going to 6DOF solved this issue, as well as providing much more flexibility in marker placement (allowing for sloped ceilings, and even placing markers on walls).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fiducial-marker-based-localization-system-package-annoucement/4050/8) or reply to this email to respond.