[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Initializing ROS 2 parameters

Brannon King ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:27:46 UTC 2018

> ...not the equivalent of roslaunch which can actually run nodes and take remappings for topics or set parameters...

I don't think that remapping nodes or handling parameters on the command line should fall to the responsibility of a wrapper in ROS2. Let's just make the underlying libraries handle those command line parameters. E.g. we already pass process args into `rclcpp::init` -- just use those args for remapping.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/initializing-ros-2-parameters/3542/6) or reply to this email to respond.