[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Project Wayfarer

sergey ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 13:13:00 UTC 2018

In my set-up, ros_control (http://wiki.ros.org/ros_control) on RPi receives join position / velocity commands. Then RPi relays updates/state requests to Arduino over a serial link. When commands are received, Arduino uses Pololu API to set/get parameters on Mini Maestro servo controller. Same thing for VNH5019 motor driver.

ros_control and controller packages are pretty good.

For now, I abandoned the use of rosserial and use a custom protocol and serial I/O between RPi and Arduino. Actually, I just wrote a blog post about it, if interested take a look at blog.boltrobotics.com.

Cheeres

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/project-wayfarer/3659/3) or reply to this email to respond.