[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Self-Driving Development Platform Hacking Based On ROS－For Engineers and Hackers
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:08:25 UTC 2018
Open Source Self-Driving Development Platform Hacking
FIVE Days/ TEN Engineers/ TWO Groups/TWO-mile Park Road Test/TWO Self-driving Vehicles
**Whats In There**:
* [Move-it Hackathon](https://www.pixmoving.com/move-it) is a five-day hands-on workshop during which ten talented engineers (divided into two groups) worldwide collaborate with each other to build an affordable (within $10K excluding various sensors) drive-by-wire development platform for self-driving.
* On the last day, there will be a small and fun race between the two groups. The whole hackathon process and outputs will be open to the public in various ways.
* Meanwhile, the most special and unique experiences are created for global engineers: collaborative development, fabrication workshop, social parties, keynote speech, mentor communication and local exploration etc.. You are bound to get inspired.
**What To Hack**
* Hacking of car control, both lateral and longitudinal controls, to achieve drive-by-wire
* Self-driving setup and test of 1/16 scale car powered by Raspberry Pi
* Installation and test run of self-driving software Autoware on full-sized car
C-Zone Hackspace, Guiyang, Guizhou, China
March 9th to March 13th 2018 (Five days)
The ultimate goal of Move-It Hackathon is to co-create an open, democratized, affordable and reliable by-wire control development platform for self-driving. More details can be found [here](https://www.pixmoving.com/move-it)
> Well make full arrangement for the development components & accessories stuff, also free accommodation & foods, and reimbursement for transportation. Check Move-it FAQ here https://www.pixmoving.com/move-it
Surprise and prize for [Move-it Hackathon](https://www.pixmoving.com/move-it) participants!
Contact: Email to nancy at pixmoving.com or call at 0086.18111991219 for any questions or concerns
Apply Move-it Hackathon [here](https://www.pixmoving.com/move-it)
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/self-driving-development-platform-hacking-based-on-ros-for-engineers-and-hackers/3716/1) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users