[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 support: ROS Answers?

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 07:35:29 UTC 2018

[quote="wdsmart, post:7, topic:2620"]
However, I strongly agree with @gbiggs that there should be a consistent tag (ros2?) so that the questions are easily identified.
[/quote]

I'd suggest that we push people to make sure to at least tag which rosdistro they're using. Reviewing the askbot options they now support mandatory tags. We requested the feature [in 2014](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/answers.ros.org/issues/69) and it now looks like it's good enough for us to use.

I've added the list of all known rosdistros and it's now required to have at least one of those tagged for all new or edited questions. We'll have unique names and forcing the rosdistro is something that we've wanted for a while in ROS1 as well. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to setup multiple dimensions of mandatory tags.

For reference I set it to `boxturtle cturtle diamondback electric fuerte groovy hydro indigo jade kinetic lunar melodic ardent` for now.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-support-ros-answers/2620/9) or reply to this email to respond.