[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Syncronized callbacks in ROS2

Dirk Thomas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 22:30:59 UTC 2018

[quote="jwang11, post:20, topic:2015"]
yes, location of message_filter make it a challenging case for migration. As you said, split it out from ros_comm and into a small repo require significant effort, so you prefer to separate a branch/fork on ros_comm, right? In new branch, I try make message_filter support both ros version with some conditional code?
[/quote]

I don't think this is a good path forward. Simply because significant parts of the repo would be irrelevant for ROS 2 which would make synchronizing the diverging branches more and more effort.

[quote="jwang11, post:20, topic:2015"]
how I handle other packages, keep them intact?
[/quote]

I don't have a good general recommendation for you at the moment.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/syncronized-callbacks-in-ros2/2015/21) or reply to this email to respond.