[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Site Feedback] Single location to discuss best practices

Isaac I. Y. Saito ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:15:28 UTC 2018

Threads to ask/discuss ROS best practice are distributed in `discourse`/`answers`/else. Can we have a single location to discuss BPs? While in some cases it might make sense to use specific distributed channel, for the BPs generic enough all of us can benefit from gathering the discussions at a fewer/single location.

- It can be either on discourse or issue tracker on a repository. Since I can't think of any existing repo that is suitable for this discussion, and creating one just for this purpose might be an overkill, I suggest making a channel on discourse. answers.ros.org doesn't fit for open ended discussions like BPs, so it's out IMO.
- One maybe unique workflow for such a channel is that once the discussion reaches a consensus, [BestPractices wiki page](http://wiki.ros.org/BestPractices) will be updated with the result of the discussion (repository ticket style may fit better to clarify the "end" of discussion though).

There are already a number of [needed BPs](http://wiki.ros.org/BestPractices#Needed_best_practices) that we can begin with.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/single-location-to-discuss-best-practices/5266/1) or reply to this email to respond.