[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Site Feedback] Single location to discuss best practices

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 06:34:34 UTC 2018

The idea behind the #quality category <del>was</del> *is* for it to be the place to discuss everything related to software quality, improvement of quality assurance practices and everything that is tangentially connected to that.

One of the sites that was used as inspiration for this is the [Mozilla Quality Assurance](https://quality.mozilla.org/) site.

[quote="jbohren, post:3, topic:5266"]
If you go to the quality category, all of the topics are more about software devops and than they are about software development, itself.
[/quote]

You're right, *right now* that topic seem to be overrepresented a bit. But it's a Discourse category, not a moderated site with content coming from editors, so if these posts are there, it's because community members wanted them to be there.

The intent of the category is to foster discussion about anything software quality related, so I'm hoping to see other discussions take place there as well, besides devops related things.

[quote="jbohren, post:3, topic:5266"]
Sometimes best practices are followed to make software design easier, to be more compatible with other systems, or to improve performance.
[/quote]

I think there are people that would argue all of those are software qualities as well.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/single-location-to-discuss-best-practices/5266/4) or reply to this email to respond.