[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Ros-ourdistro-... style add-on rosdistro

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 09:38:58 UTC 2018

[quote="v-lopez, post:6, topic:5205"]
As long as you source the original ROS workspace (say Kinetic) before building your custom distro, I believe the overlays work flawlessly.
[/quote]

I believe what @nuclearsandwich means to say is that you cannot have two install spaces active if they were not built as overlays. Your setup works, as `/opt/ros` was active while `/opt/pal` was built. But if that was not the case, there is no link between the two and `source`ing one will deactive the other.

The setup described by the OP was like that.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-ourdistro-style-add-on-rosdistro/5205/7) or reply to this email to respond.