[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Aerial Vehicles] ROS quadcopter with waypoint from custom GPS

Ambika Verma ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:58:54 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone

I'm having a hard time to find a complete solution to the following -
I want to simulate quadcopter in Gazebo+ROS wherein I can define waypoints (GPS based) for an autonomous flight using different GPS sensor (the sensor differs in its noise parameters).

I came across the following packages and tools -
hector-quadcopter (not clear if I can define waypoints)?
hector-gazebo-plugins (here I can define IMU and GPS sensors, exactly what I want, but can I use this with hector_quadcopter package? or any other robot model with waypoints?)
px4 SITL (https://dev.px4.io/en/simulation/) wherein I can define waypoints using MAVROS as well as send sensor data using MAVROS, but seems a lot of work to modify data (from hector-gazebo-plugins possibly) to MavLink message format.

Any other solutions that I might have missed? Or is any of the above solution more feasible than the other.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-quadcopter-with-waypoint-from-custom-gps/5282/1) or reply to this email to respond.