[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROSbot 2.0 - new development platform for ROS

Dominik ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:59:00 UTC 2018

Dear ROS community,

I've got a quick update regarding ROSbot 2.0 platform:

1) We've introduced a new ROS-based web user interface for ROSbot. You can set it up in 5 mins in your local network or via the internet. Use ROSbot in both remote control and autonomous mode, and test its functionalities, without any coding. Its open source an already on our GitHub page. Web UI works with any ROSbot 2.0 version and is available here:  https://husarion.com/tutorials/howtostart/rosbot---quick-start/

![image|690x362](upload://iAKcJw56TpCpIHMVbAEUQwLFsj8.jpg)

2) We've updated Sharp distance sensors to VL53L0X time-of-flight distance sensor, which offers bigger range, higher accuracy and higher immunity to interferences

3) We've increased battery capacity from 2600 mAh to 3500 mAh

4) We've improved the charging process by providing stronger and more reliable chargers

5) We are now adding USB Ethernet Adapter to each ROSbot 2.0. set for quick network setup

The complete set looks like this:

![image|686x500](upload://jfxzmzHIiqbMyp7jbhOV2zkztMt.jpg)

Full specs are available here: https://husarion.com/manuals/rosbot-manual/ .

Cheers!

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosbot-2-0-new-development-platform-for-ros/3890/5) or reply to this email to respond.