[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Image and PointCloud2 performance on ROS2

mch ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:53:03 UTC 2018

It's usually problem for ROS1. In ROS1 there is ECL package helping to address it: http://wiki.ros.org/ecl_ipc/Tutorials/Shared%20Memory. In essence problem is solved by using shared memory to pass big data between processes instead of standard ROS pub/sub pipe.

I thought for ROS2 it should not be a problem, because ROS2 was created specifically to solve this particular and other ROS1 problems. If issue remains in ROS2, I'd try to use same approach as ROS1 and pass Images and PClouds through shared memory.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/image-and-pointcloud2-performance-on-ros2/5391/2) or reply to this email to respond.