[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] IMcoders: easy-to-install (and cheap) odometry sensors

solosito ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:33:15 UTC 2018

You are right. We already considered that and we already saw that, for quick translations, the estimated orientation is erratic. Thus, depending on the use case, our sensors will provide a better or worse output depending on the quality of the IMU integrated in the board (sometimes it is just a matter of calibration). Here we are facing a trade-off between the cost of the sensor and the expected accuracy.

Anyway, for the applications as the ones exposed above, we guess that the accuracy for the sensor we chose (MPU9250) for the first prototype will be more than enough.

I hope I answered your question. Really thank you for the interest by the way :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/imcoders-easy-to-install-and-cheap-odometry-sensors/5543/5) or reply to this email to respond.