[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Hypothesis-ros

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 09:35:38 UTC 2018

As part of the efforts to improve the test infrastructure of ROS I implemented a Python package [hypothesis-ros](https://github.com/ros-testing/hypothesis-ros). It provides "strategies" (data generators) for ROS messages/parameters and allows to implement strategies for custom messages. These "strategies" can be used to apply property based testing on the ROS node/nodelet level. The package has Python dependencies only and is deployed on [pypi (hypothesis-ros)](https://pypi.org/project/hypothesis-ros/). A ROS release is on the TODO list. Documentation: The best documentation are tests :wink:

Happy ROS node/nodelet fuzzy testing :star_struck: (Good luck! You'll need it... probably.)

*Side note:* I will only add strategies which I need for work. However PRs to get other strategies added are welcome.

*Reference to announcement of the package:* [ROS Quality Assurance Working Group meeting minutes April 2018 Meeting](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-quality-assurance-working-group-meeting-minutes-april-2018-meeting/4473)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/hypothesis-ros/4978/1) or reply to this email to respond.