[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Ubuntu Core and snap packages in production

Sam Pfeiffer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 08:44:10 UTC 2018

I have no sources for what I'm gonna say but I remember connecting ROS components with snaps was impossible/a pain. As snaps were by default isolated (like a Docker image if you use Docker) you could not connect, say, a snap running roscore and a snap running something else like the navigation stack.

Maybe things got fixed with time, but I haven't heard more about.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ubuntu-core-and-snap-packages-in-production/5002/2) or reply to this email to respond.