[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Microsoft acquiring GitHub

tyagikunal ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 00:16:04 UTC 2018

Even ignoring the fact that Microsoft has acquired Github, setting up Gitlab mirrors wouldn't hurt. It'd be just redundancy in case Github goes down or is blocked by ISP. Waiting for a ToS change or a first nose-bleed just puts the issue off to the next time, when we might shift the goalposts again to delay a mirror/migration.

AFAIK, Gitlab migrates issues as well (though I don't know if it keeps the issues in sync also), but the comment section gets spoiled (as expected)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/microsoft-acquiring-github/5016/8) or reply to this email to respond.