[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] Online Replanning Through MoveIt! withouth stopping motion

Julen Urain ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:53:53 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I am currently working with an lbr-iiwa arm and I am trying to integrate the replanning abilities to our robot.

Digging into the MoveIt! code I understood how MoveIt! works with the replanning. I am moving my robot with the move() function and getting my obstacle map with octotree

There is a function plan_execution::PlanExecution::isRemainingPathValid that is constantly checking if the trajectory of my robot is in collision with any obstacle. In case it is, isRemainingPathValid will provide a true, the variable path_became_invalid will be set to true, the trajectory_execution_manager will stop the motion and a moveit error_code MOTION_PLAN_INVALID_BY_ENVIROMENT_CHANGE will be set making the robot to plan a new trajectory.

What I would like to do is avoiding the robot to stop and replanning considering that the robot is not stopped, but moving forward in the incorrect trajectory.

I would like to know if somebody knows about any work in this non-stop replanning approach

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/online-replanning-through-moveit-withouth-stopping-motion/5024/1) or reply to this email to respond.