[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Preparing for Kinetic Sync 2018-06-06

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:01:40 UTC 2018

Thank you to all the maintainers who have been patient while we've been debugging ramifications of Meltdown and Spectre on the buildfarm. We have seen performance degredation

https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/ros_buildfarm/issues/535

But the fix exposed a worse problem than the performance problems.

https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/buildfarm_deployment/issues/204

We've gotten the farm back into a good state with over 200 packages to sync.

However it looks like there's one remaining regression blocking [8 packages](http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/ros_kinetic_default.html?q=REGRESSION) I've ticketed the issue.

https://github.com/mrpt-ros-pkg/mrpt_navigation/issues/101

However since the issue appears to be isolated to a specific projects packages I'm not planning to hold the release

I will plan to sync tomorrow, Thursday. If there's any unknown issue please reply here.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-kinetic-sync-2018-06-06/5034/1) or reply to this email to respond.