[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 on microcontrollers with RIOT
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 20:17:24 UTC 2018
I'm here to bring some news of the project :
- The version of RIOT used have been updated, enabling the support of new boards and features.
- I have implemented rmw_ndn for the "real" ROS2 stack, so that it can be chosen in place of the default rmw_fastrtps. [Here is the repository](https://github.com/astralien3000/rmw_ndn).
- This new implementation is more advanced than the one based on ndn-riot. For instance, it supports pub/sub with multiple publishers (multiple subscribers was already supported) and discovery.
- I have managed to make the two stacks (RIOT-ROS2 and ROS2 with rmw_ndn) communicate with eachother.
Also, with the contribution of @vmayoral :
- A proof-of concept port of ROS2 for NuttX is [developped](https://github.com/erlerobot/riot-ros2/tree/nuttx).
- A docker for compiling the project is provided.
Here is the updated roadmap :
- rclc still need to be completed
- the implementation of pub/sub and discovery need to be stabilized, and ported to microcontrollers
- services implementation needs to be done
- starting an [Arduino port](https://github.com/astralien3000/riot-ros2/blob/master/ament2ino.cmake) ? Did I said Arduino ?
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-on-microcontrollers-with-riot/1293/20) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users