[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS2 LEGO MINDSTORMS - interest?
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 06:51:46 UTC 2018
The basic idea is that kids learn the most while playing. So I was thinking: can we make a ROS setup, with a mindstorms robot, that kids can install, run and tweak. I think these elements will be important:
* During the installation/setup you learn some basic ROS concepts
* The project is cool enough for kids to really want to try it (a mapping project? a maze? a swarm?)
I want to do this lean and mean.
1. brainstorm with you guys for an interesting project
2. test with kids if they are interested
3. build a 'rough' project
4. Explain the basics to kids and test if they manage to tweak it
5. Make the whole package with installation and building instructions.
I personally have no ROS experience, but I do have a lot of robot and MINDSTORMS experience, python, linux, macos,... and I can do building instructions.
What do you think?
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-lego-mindstorms-interest/5027/4) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users