[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROSCon 2018 Talk Idea Brainstorm

Sam Pfeiffer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 04:19:49 UTC 2018

Current ROS Navigation stack status summary:
* What's the recommended basic configuration for a new robot nowadays.
* What alternative pieces we have (move_base_flex hello!) (and their purpose/advantages)?
* What alternative global planners are available?
* What alternative local planners are available?
* What alternative localization packages are available?
* What low level controllers are available (for different kind of robot bases)?
* Status for ROS 2.

Current ROS Manipulation stack status summary:
* What's the recommended basic configuration for a new robot nowadays?
* What alternative packages we have for it?
* What planners are available (and what are they good for?)?
* How to move an arm in cartesian space?
* What whole body control stacks are available?
* How to deal with multiple arms?
* How to deal with exchanging end effectors?
* What pick-and-place pipelines are available?

How to prototype quickly some ROS package? (I could talk about how I do it if people are interested...)
* How to glue together ROS nodes quickly (I have a few tricks).
* Taking advantage of rqt tools, Rviz, dynamic reconfigure, params, launchfiles, rosbag...
* What does it take to convert it from a quick-and-dirty prototype to an actual ROS package expected to be used by all the community? (correct installation, roslaunch, examples, tests...).
* From my dirty script in my home folder to a released ROS package in multiple ros distros.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/roscon-2018-talk-idea-brainstorm/5076/5) or reply to this email to respond.