[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Announcing the tensorflow_ros package: the easy way to get to C++ Tensorflow API in ROS

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 21:55:05 UTC 2018

Thanks for putting this together and announcing it.

[quote="peci1, post:1, topic:5112"]

Unfortunately, I found out theres [another package with the same name ](https://github.com/tue-robotics/image_recognition/tree/master/tensorflow_ros), but they have nothing in common (except Tensorflow).

[/quote]

In light of this please rename your package so as not to collide with the other preexisting publicly indexed package. Package names all share the same namespace and having colliding names will only lead to confusion. Releasing different content with the same name without talking to the original maintainer and having a planned migration path is often referred to as hijacking.

For easier discovery I would encourage you to [add your package for indexing](http://wiki.ros.org/rosdistro/Tutorials/Indexing%20Your%20ROS%20Repository%20for%20Documentation%20Generation). However we cannot accept it for indexing with a name collision.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-the-tensorflow-ros-package-the-easy-way-to-get-to-c-tensorflow-api-in-ros/5112/2) or reply to this email to respond.