[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Announcing the tensorflow_ros package: the easy way to get to C++ Tensorflow API in ROS

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:38:36 UTC 2018

[quote="peci1, post:3, topic:5112"]

Ill rename the announced package to tensorflow_ros_cpp.

[/quote]

Great thanks!

[quote="peci1, post:3, topic:5112"]

Do you have any best practices for the migration?

[/quote]

In general it can be pretty manual. However in the past we've put together scripts that can run `sed` across repositories. An example I remember writing is [here](https://github.com/ros/geometry/blob/melodic-devel/tf/scripts/bullet_migration_sed.py).

Since this will just be a single token substitution I suspect that one or two well written sed rules would be able to handle it relatively well as long as they are clearly scoped to not overmatch. You could probably post the script in a gist for people to use and they can comment and give feedback there. But it won't need to be  a long term option.

There are also some other threads with resources for renaming packages:

 - https://answers.ros.org/question/146856/catkin-rename-package-script-implementation-usefulness-others/

 - https://gist.github.com/ymollard/01d10039d848859dcfe526008a74bf78

Note that there are often two requirements one is to update the internal references and the second is to update downstream users who might be already using the API. Sometimes it's easier to make two different scripts/sets of rules.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-the-tensorflow-ros-package-the-easy-way-to-get-to-c-tensorflow-api-in-ros/5112/4) or reply to this email to respond.