[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Mirrors] Package and wiki mirrors outdated

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:04:35 UTC 2018

[quote="tones, post:1, topic:5135"]
Most of the package mirrors seem outdated, e.g. they do not provide melodic packages. I could resolve this issue by updating the puppet configuration:
cd ~/mirror
git pull
sudo puppet apply ros_mirror.pp --modulepath=/etc/puppet/modules:/usr/share/puppet/modules:.
[/quote]

+1 That would be great for all mirror admins to do.

[quote="tones, post:1, topic:5135"]
The mirror status of most mirrors is 2018-05-12 on [http://wiki.ros.org/Mirrors ](http://wiki.ros.org/Mirrors). This seems to be an upstream problem. The rsync source `rsync.osuosl.org::ros_wiki_mirror` seems to be out of date. Tully, can you fix this?
[/quote]

Manually triggering the sync on my mirrors brought them up to date to last Saturday's export (6/16) You have to browse the mirrors with a recent update. The browsers cache the content that the javascript loads.

The upstream content for the mirrors appears to be up to date: http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/ros/ros_wiki_mirror/

I'm not sure if I triggered something different I tried running a new export today and it didn't propogate, but the 6/16 run appears to have become available now. If the mirrors don't update to the 6/16 content overnight a second look would be warranted.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/package-and-wiki-mirrors-outdated/5135/2) or reply to this email to respond.