[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] AVIDBOTS - Senior Software Developer - Robot Systems Kitchener ON Canada

Lisa Marino ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 18:39:43 UTC 2018

We are creating the next generation cleaning robots that will take over the cleaning industry!

Our robots use lasers and camera to understand the area to clean and then plan the optimal path to clean it as efficiently as possible without bumping into anything.

We are looking for a senior software developer to expand, maintain, and improve our existing code base that includes applications and a Qt UI on the robot.

Ideally, you love to code and solve problems in a real-time environment.  You have made significant architectural contributions to complex systems and worked on GUI applications from the ground up.  You take pride in well-designed, clean, and reliable code. You enjoy being a technical expert in your area. You will combine all of this, to lead a small team of developers to wow our customers! Since we are a startup, you will be wearing many hats - the job might include helping create testing frameworks, continuous integration and helping with other software development tasks.

You will be working alongside an experienced team of robotics veterans and programmers to support you along the way.

Main Responsibilities:

Work in a small team to create, maintain, and improve our robots applications and GUI

Become a technical expert of your domain and contribute to the overall robot architecture

Contribute to improving the development environment and processes

Main Requirements:

5+ years of software development experience (C/C++, Python preferred)

Driven individual, passionate, self-starter

Experience with graphical user interfaces (Qt QML experience a bonus)

Not afraid of working in a Linux-based OS with command-lines and some driver-level development

B.Sc. or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent

Bonus:

Have built, designed or brought robots to life before

Know what Robot Operating System (ROS) is

Experience with software testing/continuous integration, agile

Experience with real-time software

https://www.avidbots.com/careers/

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/avidbots-senior-software-developer-robot-systems-kitchener-on-canada/5169/1) or reply to this email to respond.