[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Pytest support for ROS / rostest

Isaac I. Y. Saito ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:25:50 UTC 2018

[quote="machinekoder, post:4, topic:4990"]

```

ros$ catkin_test_results

build/ros_pytest/test_results/ros_pytest/rosunit-test_lib.xml: 2 tests, 0 errors, 1 failures, 0 skipped

```

Actually looks good. I just wondered why it does not crash or abort with an error message when the tests are run. But Im not that familiar with ROS yet.

[/quote]

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean, but you don't want the whole chain of tests to stop in the middle just because of a single test case failed, do you? I agree that the output can be improved to be more intuitive though.

Apparently `PyTest` seems to be getting popular. It would be nice for it to be integrated into core library so that we can use it without defining special dependency etc (AFAIUC, your current approach requires a special test runner script). Would you interested in going further down this road (if so I'd definitely like to help)?

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/pytest-support-for-ros-rostest/4990/5) or reply to this email to respond.