[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Building ROS on Mac in CI

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 01:24:50 UTC 2018

Just glancing at macstadium.com again, it looks like they now support provisioning VM's on demand and use VMware under the hood:

https://www.macstadium.com/cloud/

Also, I'll mention that Homebrew does it's packaging (last time I checked, again could have changed) not by having VM's, but by deleting the homebrew directory each time before a new build starts. So this is more like ensuring you completely cleanup the system before finishing a job, rather than discarding the changes and going back to a previous docker image or VM snapshot. This might also be possible, but in my experience it's harder for ROS since we not only install things from Homebrew, but also things from pip for Python dependencies (also possibly Ruby's gem, etc...).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/building-ros-on-mac-in-ci/4071/3) or reply to this email to respond.