[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] What is the log mechanism plan in ROS2?

Humpelstilzchen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 20:00:47 UTC 2018

I read that as "ros2 works without systemd", just won't have logging. Which would be good, have not tested that yet.

For syslog, logging might be possible to hack with the "logger" command as a short term solution.

I like the idea of using the logging system from the OS since it is usually better documented, e.g. I always missed [tuning the timestamp output](https://answers.ros.org/question/236155/format-console-timestamp/) of the ros1 logger.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-is-the-log-mechanism-plan-in-ros2/4074/6) or reply to this email to respond.