[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] What is the log mechanism plan in ROS2?

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:22:29 UTC 2018

[quote="Humpelstilzchen, post:6, topic:4074"]
I read that as ros2 works without systemd, just wont have logging.
[/quote]

To be clear, we will probably have some file logging at some point in the future that is separate from a system logger, just because during development you often do not use the system logger day to day. For production system that makes sense though, and because of that it should be possible to disable file logging in favor of just printing to stdout/stderr.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-is-the-log-mechanism-plan-in-ros2/4074/7) or reply to this email to respond.