[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Announcing catmux - A helper package to startup complex systems in multiple shells

Chris ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 21:25:04 UTC 2018

This is probably going to be useful! I'll try it out in the future and give feedback. :smiley:

I personally think it should be ROS-independent/standalone, even if it's only used with ROS, because it adds an unnecessary layer. For example, having it under ROS makes the commands quite verbose. For `help`, `rosrun catmux create_session -h` is quite long (all `catmux` commands start with `rosrun catmux create_session`, so it could really be simplified to just `catmux`).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-catmux-a-helper-package-to-startup-complex-systems-in-multiple-shells/4095/2) or reply to this email to respond.