[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] What quality metrics do we need to make packages quality visible?

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:54:22 UTC 2018

[quote="tyagikunal, post:6, topic:3985"]
IMO, white-box fuzzing might be helpful in checking corner cases like a typical test but more on the lines of model-based testing, ie. developed specially for the package or node, specially for non-infrastructure packages. On the other-hand, black-box fuzzers would be generic and their use would involve minimal (one or a few lines only) involvement by the maintainers.
[/quote]

I don't think that you can replace model based testing with fuzzying. You would have to customize data generators for many packages anyway to get reasonable data. As far as I know the fuzzy testing tools in the source code level consider the classes, functions, etc. as black box. However you could combine it with dynamic analysis which would make it in overall white box testing...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-quality-metrics-do-we-need-to-make-packages-quality-visible/3985/10) or reply to this email to respond.