[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] ROS Quality Assurance Working Group meeting minutes - March 2018 Meeting

Adam Alami ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:54:35 UTC 2018

1. Two instances have taken place this month. The first was the 7th and the second was the 14th
1. A list of quality metrics was presented for discussion. The list was compiled based on @tyagikunal [post](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-quality-metrics-do-we-need-to-make-packages-quality-visible/3985/12). The objective is to define a set of metrics to use in order to make ROS packages quality visible.
1. These quality metrics have been discussed:
   1. Build
   1. Unit Tests
   1. Unit Test Crash
   1. Unit Test Coverage [%]
   1. Code style violations
   1. Logic errors and warnings
   1. Cyclomatic complexity
   1. McCabe complexity
   1. Afferent coupling
   1. Efferent coupling
   1. Clang AddressSanitizer and LeakSanitizer
   1. Fuzzy testing by chaos node
   1. Comment to code ratio
   1. Status
   1. README
   1. Wiki
   1. Getting Started
   1. Other resources
   1. Number of closed issues
   1. Time to close issue
   1. Activity on issues
   1. Other status (eg: wont-fix, etc.)
   1. Number of open issues
   1. User rating (Star rating and feedback)
   1. Maintainability Index
   1. Depth of Inheritance
   1. Class Coupling
   1. Lines of Code
   1. Cyclic includes

1. A decision has been made to put the list into a google document (The link will be available early next week) and share it with the group to allow people to contribute to the list development.
1. We invite people to take initiative and contribute to the development of spreadsheet. Your contributions will make it happen!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-quality-assurance-working-group-meeting-minutes-march-2018-meeting/4226/1) or reply to this email to respond.