[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Turtlebot 3 Localization: IMU for Odometry? Is Odometry the only localization component?

Bobby Lim ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:26:09 UTC 2018

Hey all. I am trying to understand the localization part of Turtlebot 3 Burger.
>From what I understand from turtlebot3_core, by using an IMU to calculate rotational values from the wheels and translating them into odometry and updating it in the world_map.

Please kindly correct me if I am wrong and aside from odometry, may I know if the LIDAR plays a part in Localization?

Regards,
Bobby

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/turtlebot-3-localization-imu-for-odometry-is-odometry-the-only-localization-component/4228/1) or reply to this email to respond.