[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] IPC in ros2

Ingo Lütkebohle ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:40:22 UTC 2018

> I hope that consideration is given to that so that it does not become impossible in the future. It would be much better if we have a single C client library that works on all platforms, with features turned on and off as needed for resources and use cases. Otherwise there is a big risk of divergence.

Thats the goal, really, and anything else is totally not decided on, yet. "urcl" was just a placeholder name. While we initially thought that the architecture layering sketch was good to give a rough idea, I now see it may be interpreted to mean more than it does. Therefore, I updated the repository description at https://github.com/microROS/micro-ROS to be a bit more generic ;-)

Remember, this is all open source, and takes inspiration from a lot of work, both the original ROS2 embedded attempts, rosserial, as well as, most recently, the RIOT work by @astralien3000 and colleagues.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ipc-in-ros2/2619/40) or reply to this email to respond.