[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] BennyBot build... an autonomous bot to deliver my garbage to the curb

Duane Benson ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:20:01 UTC 2018

RaspberryPi, actually a couple of RaspberryPis' are running ROS, but the actual "heavy lifting" of powering the motors is being handled by a pair of motor controllers from Dimension Engineering.  I am using a pair of their 2x32 amp Sabretooth motor controllers, along with their KangarooX2 PID modules which allow for closed loop operation by monitoring the encoders on the motors.

With this combination, I am able to issue speed commands from ROS to the KangarooX2 module which takes care of maintaining a constant speed for me (it looks at the load on the motors and will vary the power to each motor to maintain the commanded speed).

I do not have the odometry feedback to ROS figured out yet, but I think others may have already accomplished this.

This is still a work in progress... I don't have all the answers yet, but happy to pass on what I have learned so far.

Duane

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/bennybot-build-an-autonomous-bot-to-deliver-my-garbage-to-the-curb/3896/3) or reply to this email to respond.