[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Keys in msg

Robert Sterner ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:35:11 UTC 2018

I agree changing other ROS features to use keyed topics is a much larger undertaking.  The only thing we are specifically looking for is the ability to create a msg file which will cause them to be generated at this point.  RTI's implementation looks for the (@)key at the end of the line, so realistically just passing along comments from a msg file to the IDL would make this work.  For example, our msg file is below:
> string<=512 key #//(@)key
> string<=512 value

We made an update to basically pass this along so the IDL file now includes the following:

> struct Parameter_
> {
>
>     string<512> key_; (@)key
>     string<512> value_;