[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Revised tutorial on automatic testing of ROS code, packages and applications

Andrzej Wąsowski ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:21:06 UTC 2018

I just revised our entry-level testing overview tutorial at: http://wiki.ros.org/UnitTesting .  Please have a look, and make any corrections necessary, or complain here to me.  Also, share it with all your collaborators, who you think, do not test enough!

This is a part of a larger effort that we started to overhaul, extend and complete ROS QA resources, to encourage industrial use of ROS.  We code name it "Quality Hub": http://wiki.ros.org/Quality.  For now there is very little, but we hope that others will jump on it, and we will improve the situation substantially, creating a handbook for professional use of ROS for high quality long lasting systems.

I was considering moving this tutorial to http://wiki.ros.og/Quality/Tutorials/UnitTesting (possibly with a redirect, I hope that moin wiki has some mechanism for that).  This would help the centralization and navigation of quality resources.  But this article is so old originally, that I am a bit hesitant to do it, without a broader opinion.  So please comment on the idea of moving with a redirect as well.

PS. If you wonder what changes I did: I made the writing a bit slower, so that it provides more context, added a broader analysis of benefits, discussed costs, added an example, and provided a few more guidelines, and more links to other resources (some still dangling, but we are working on them).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/revised-tutorial-on-automatic-testing-of-ros-code-packages-and-applications/4292/1) or reply to this email to respond.