[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Canonical built ROS packages?

Jochen Sprickerhof ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:05:07 UTC 2018

The goal is to have a rolling release of the newest upstream version of the individual packages in Debian unstable and then have a real static release. First milestone was to include everything up to rviz, but I'm currently lacking time to add more packages. Also, we added some patches and chose different packages names and splittings to be in line with the Debian policy (spoiler: no need for a setup.bash ;) ). Some of this could be automated into a debhelper extension which would be my next milestone at some point.
You can find a more up to date list of packages and version on my QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Jochen+Sprickerhof
And a video of the announcement: https://vimeo.com/142151399#t=1757s
Comments, bugs, help very welcome :).

---