[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Announcement: A ROS package for google's speech-to-text API and NLP API - Dialogflow

Joe Landau ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:41:21 UTC 2018

Anas,

I have been working on adding Dialogflow to my Robot Commander app, which runs on Android.  So far it's looking good, but not ready for release. One problem:  I am using Dialogflow api v.1, because v,2 speech handling is subject to charges, and I don't see a way to pass them on.

But if I understand Diagflow correctly, the use of v.1 does not allow sending audio to Google for complete processing including speech recognition, NLP, and voice interaction. Thus I am using speech recognition to get the user's utterance as text, then sending the text to Dialogflow as I think you are.  The drawback of this is 2 trips over the net instead of one, with the consequent performance penalty.

I'll be interested to follow your progress.

Joe

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcement-a-ros-package-for-googles-speech-to-text-api-and-nlp-api-dialogflow/4337/3) or reply to this email to respond.