[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Can someone show me an example of remote node discovery using ros2 command?

djyifly ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue May 1 07:36:07 UTC 2018

Hi, I have just installed ROS2 on two different hosts (different sub-network, different version operating system, etc), and on one of them I have:

ROS_VERSION=2
ROS_DISTRO=ardent
ROS_DOMAIN_ID=12345

on the other of them I have:

ROS_VERSION=2
ROS_DISTRO=bouncy
ROS_DOMAIN_ID=12345

I can reach the second host from the first host via ssh.

Then I run

ros2 run demo_nodes_cpp talker

on one of them, I can see "ros2 topic list" and "ros2 node list" find out about the talker on that same host, but if I run these commands on the other host then they show nothing.

I am certain that the FastRTPS RMW implementation has been built in both installations.

Can someone show me an example command for discovery of remote ros2 node and topic that I can try on these two hosts? Thanks!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/can-someone-show-me-an-example-of-remote-node-discovery-using-ros2-command/4654/1) or reply to this email to respond.