[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS Additive Manufacturing (RAM)

Victor Lamoine ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:06:00 UTC 2018

Plastic FDM? If so I would recommend using already existing slicers to generate the trajectory, such as [Slic3r](http://slic3r.org/). The problem is that they are not compatible with robots. Integrating Slic3r into ROS AM is in our plans but nothing has been done yet; https://gitlab.com/InstitutMaupertuis/ros_additive_manufacturing/issues/144

You could also convert the GCode output of Slic3r into a robot program directly but then you don't get the editing abilities of ROS AM and the possibility to simulate the trajectory in ROS (you could simulate the trajectory with the robot manufacturer off-line programming software).

The robot parameters etc goes into an other package, for example if you are using a Fanuc robot you would probably want to use the ROS-I [fanuc](http://wiki.ros.org/fanuc) or [fanuc_experimental](http://wiki.ros.org/fanuc_experimental) packages.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-additive-manufacturing-ram/3170/3) or reply to this email to respond.