[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Using the Motoman SDA20D Dual-arms DX100 ROS Interface(Indigo)

Ted Miller ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:47:28 UTC 2018

@gavanderhoorn The SDA operates differently on a DX100 than an FS100 or above.

The DX100 version of MotoROS can only support 2 control groups. This is a limitation of the API which controls motion (mpMeiIncrementMove).  So, for an SDA robot, you cannot control both arms and also the torso.

I just realized that the max-group-detection mechanism in MotoROS doesn't have the restriction for DX100.  I have just updated PR #213 to include this detection. In this new version, it will not create a task for the third group.

I'm confused by @andreaskoepf's comment. Are you saying you were able to control all three groups with MotoROS on a DX100?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/using-the-motoman-sda20d-dual-arms-dx100-ros-interface-indigo/4667/13) or reply to this email to respond.