[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS Telescope project

Nacho ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:58:30 UTC 2018

Hello!

I am newbie in ROS and I am thinking of using ROS as a basis for building a robotic telescope but there is a question about the reference frames that I would like to know the opinion of the experts.

A telescope moves and points to the celestial objects tipicaly using equatorial coordinates. Other coordinates are also used such as horizontal, ecliptic or galactic or in general any of the [celestial coordinate systems](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_coordinate_system)

I know al the transformations between this coords systems but I am very confuse how to match to the ROS reference frames (earth, map, odom...) What is the best way to implement this reference frames in ROS?

Thank you in advance

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-telescope-project/4846/1) or reply to this email to respond.