[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Diagnostic-aggregator and diagnostic-updater porting to ROS2

Rohita83 ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:06:45 UTC 2018

@dirk-thomas, Thanks for your feedback. @trainman419 had created a ros2-devel branch under ros/diagnostics to support ROS2. we have raised a PR request [https://github.com/ros/diagnostics/pull/91](https://github.com/ros/diagnostics/pull/91) against it but CI build check has failed (as below) that seems some build env issue as it is triggering **ros-indigo-catkin**. We have tested it locally and build/test is successful in Bouncy. so please suggest in this case.

>     $ sudo apt-get install python-catkin-pkg python-rosdep ros-indigo-catkin
>     $ rosdep install --default-yes --from-paths ./ --ignore-src --rosdistro $CI_ROS_DISTRO
>
>     ERROR: the following packages/stacks could not have their rosdep keys resolved
>     to system dependencies:
>     diagnostic_updater: Cannot locate rosdep definition for [ament_cppcheck]
>
>     The command "rosdep install --default-yes --from-paths ./ --ignore-src --rosdistro $CI_ROS_DISTRO" failed and exited with 1 during

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/diagnostic-aggregator-and-diagnostic-updater-porting-to-ros2/6382/8) or reply to this email to respond.