[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Kinetic] Request for Kinetic Sync

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:38:28 UTC 2018

We have an approximately 2 week cadence for new syncs to the main repository. If there's urgent issues for a sync this is the place to request it. This cycle may be a little bit longer (into early next week) as there's been a few lower level packages that were released earlier this week and are still rebuilding and I'd like to see some more soak time after the rebuild is complete.

For testing you can use the [ros-shadow-fixed Repository](http://wiki.ros.org/ShadowRepository) for testing. This will give you the latest completed rebuild to test against. The repository is publicly accessible and recommended for active developers and early adopters. If we find bugs in this stage they can be rolled back. After they have been synced an new higher release must be made to revert any changes that have gone into the main repository.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/request-for-kinetic-sync/6763/2) or reply to this email to respond.