[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Integration testing in ROS (2)

afsantos ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:47:06 UTC 2018

I do not have experience with ROS 2, but your points regarding integration testing sound valid.

> Do above tests make sense?

Yes, at least for the major part. I have been working on random testing and property-based testing myself, at the node/integration level, although for ROS 1.

I had this idea of expanding mutation testing in ROS, in which the ROS primitives could be mutated themselves in a meaningful way (i.e. redirecting topics, messing with queue sizes, changing callback functions to a simple *skip* or *abort*), although I am not sure how useful that would be in practice.

> Is it possible to pack them all into one single framework?

Is there any advantage to packing all these different kinds of tests into a single framework? It could prove hard to do so in a way that is intuitive for the user.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/integration-testing-in-ros-2/6859/2) or reply to this email to respond.