[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Introducting BehaviorTrees.CPP (who needs Finite State Machines anymore?)

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:04:50 UTC 2018

Hi @v-lopez,

1) It surely makes sense to include this feature in a near future. In general, when you or anybody else want a new future, the best way is to bother me on Github opening an issue ;)

2) Name clashing is surely a problem that needs to be addressed. On the other hand... don't we have the same problem with the name of ROS topic too? Namespace seems the most sensible thing to do.

In your example, TargetPose is an entry in the Blackboard. If you just use the same best practices that you would use for ROS topics, i.e. adding a namespace, you should be fine:

      <MoveBase goal="${move_base::target_pose}"/>
      <LookAt pose="${look_at::target_pose}"/>`

Note that using "::" as a separator is totally arbitrary since the entire string is evaluated. You may use "/" instead.

I will probably propose a solution to both these problem in version 2.3, the next month.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/introducting-behaviortrees-cpp-who-needs-finite-state-machines-anymore/6899/8) or reply to this email to respond.