[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Security Working Group Online Meeting

Ross Desmond ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 23:33:41 UTC 2018

Hello all,

We are working on having the security generation tools out soon, however there are still some questions on the SROS2 front.

SROS2 policy.yaml format does not include services or actions. I would like propose we make following changes to the policy.yaml format.
https://github.com/ross-desmond/sros2/commit/945b7b1c64dcb577b092384c8be6616a19da88b2

Using this change: sros2 security cli will gain a new verb using the new node graph API which will automatically generate policy yaml files for a running ros2 system. It will generate a policy.yaml file to secure services and topics, and provide hints (nag) to the developer of which services may need manual permission entry.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-security-working-group-online-meeting/6393/26) or reply to this email to respond.