[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Security Working Group Online Meeting

Matt Hansen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:45:11 UTC 2018

I'll be there.

I'd like to see some type of threat scenarios listed with the security measures listed for each.

For example:
Scenario 1: Robot running in a public place, connected to wifi with other users on it.
 - Threat - user can potentially start publishing to ROS2 topics, how do we ensure no user can publish to CMD_VEL topic for instance and start driving our robot?
 - Threat 2 - instead of publishing to a topic, what if they try to make service requests over and over to create a DoS attack?

Those are some admittedly simple examples. I would like to see a more comprehensive list and some type of security answer for each as to how to defend against the threat.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-security-working-group-online-meeting/6393/7) or reply to this email to respond.